Monday, September 30, 2013

Great Falls

I love fall on the east coast! It's still early in the season, but being outside is so pleasant right now. We're trying to soak it all in by hiking on the weekends. We're planning to do Shenandoah National Park in a few weeks, and two weeks ago we hiked the Billy Goat trail at Great Falls. It was a lot of fun, and Ethan seemed to have a great time riding in his pack. Everyone stopped to chat with him and there were at least three comments of, "that baby is hiking faster/better than you!" amongst our trail companions (per the area norm the trails were busy). Here are a few pictures of our hike, and just a couple shots of dinner once we got home.
Ready to go! 




I didn't take a lot of pictures during the hike. I've concluded I'm not a "hike and shoot" kind of girl. I have too much trail-conquering drive. 



Post-dinner goof ball
My pretty "Just Because" roses, Wes must really love me. 

Apple yogurt cake...yummo!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I might need more details about this hike... thinking of doing one this weekend!

    ReplyDelete