Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Brazil


We're back from Brazil; it was truly an amazing time. I am excited to see what things the Lord highlights for me as start normal life. But, there are a few things that I just know. The Presence of the Lord met me there and my spirit feels so refreshed. Cold showers and no AC really aren't that big of a deal. I love being around my family, and meeting new Spirit brothers and sisters. They are all so amazing, and talented, and unique, and together we were all parts of one Body, and really I'm just thankful to be a part of it. Listening to Portuguese is fun, to my untrained ear it sounds like Spanish on an extended Italian holiday. 
After two weeks of a new, full, Jesus-family focused environment I'm back to work. Ouch. I had no idea how hard it would be to leave Ethan. Every time I get to spend a lot of time around him I relearn how much fun he is, and how I love being his momma. At work I had one phone message over two weeks; I'm really in demand here, from the detailer who is handling my resignation. He said that it will probably not be approved for July, but that I would have to stay until December of 2014. For a momma who is aching over one day away from her baby..I should be rewarded for not crying at my desk. I cranked the worship music up, and poured my heart out to the Lord. I counted my gifts, and worshipped with thanksgiving. He is good, He loves Ethan and me more than I can imagine, and I feel like He is giving me strength. I still might need a good cry when I get home, but I am going to believe the Lord for His amazing work to pour out of my life in the next 18 months. I will declare that Jesus is trustworthy, and so good to me. 

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip. I get a big fat ZERO in the photo credit department, thanks Callie and Dad Lyons!
This is the bathroom window in Leticia's home. It is so striking when compared with the rest of the home. 

Beach day was so much fun! The water was the perfect temperature, and the waves were just the right size.

With my love. 

He prefers to push rather than ride. He did this for hours. 

Little feet, finally still. 


You don't have teach boys to love cars. 
Prayer house beauty. 

Worship. 

Just like this one. 

Bath time! 

He's happy, really. 


Chilling out together. 

Not a fan of having Aunt Callie time interrupted by paparazzi :)

Loves his nephews!

We missed these girls! We need you to even out the testosterone!

Gigi has magic napping powers!Resistance is futile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment